Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let It Snow

Perhaps it was because we got our first snow of the season this week, or perhaps it's because I've been shivering in my boots all month, but something inspired me to make a snow globe cake. I brought this to the first of 5 (!) family holiday parties I'll be attending this year. It was a lovely time and I'm pretty sure that everyone enjoyed the cake. Everything is edible except for the plastic globe and Frosty's toothpick arms. And because I know you're going to ask, I got him in the globe by magic. Merry Christmas everyone!

2-layer 9'' red velvet cake, 1-layer 6'' yellow cake, vanilla buttercream frosting, fondant, holiday magic.

Additional View
Top View

6 comments:

  1. mmmmm - red velvet *magic*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cuteness is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing! However, I am slightly disappointed that you did not blow the globe out of edible sugar glass or something. Does that exist? It should.

    It is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar glass does exist, however, I've heard it is extremely hard to work with! Maybe someday I will experiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake was amazing! Thank you so much for bringing it to share. Rachael and Brodie had a fun time with the top layer and snow globe on Sunday. Brad was ecstatic that you sent him a piece of cake. You are one talented woman!!

    ReplyDelete