Sunday, January 9, 2011

Congra-TU-lations!

Today was Towson University's winter commencement. A proud mama commissioned me to make this cake for her son's graduation party. Making the letters look clean and sharp was a challenge, but I'm happy with how they turned out. One of the benefits of creating a sculpted cake is that I get to keep all the scraps. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go have a snack...

T: 2-layer chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing, fondant, tassel.
U: 2-layer golden butter cake, chocolate buttercream icing, fondant, school spirit.

3 comments:

  1. Can I have a slice of school spirit? Looks amazing! Your talent never ceases to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! my brother is graduating Towson next month. How much would this cost???

    ReplyDelete