Saturday, December 4, 2010

Home Plate

Baseball season may be over, but cake is always in season! This particular one was for a couple who are huge Orioles fans. They live 2 blocks from Camden Yards and the Mrs. is a ball girl. They wanted to have a get together with their baseball friends so the design was pretty much a no brainer. I used the old O's bird because I think he has way more personality. I had a lot of fun making it and I think it shows :)

8'' golden butter cake stacked with 2 bowl cakes, vanilla pudding, vanilla buttercream icing, fondant and brown sugar.


Top View
Back View

4 comments:

  1. "O" Sarah - It's AWESOME! I love the added touch of presentation as well - home base plate with the dirt. The passion and fun positively shows! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right down to the stitching! A sewing machine could not have done it better. You are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the hell didn't I see this earlier? It is amazing. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just as good to eat as it was to look at... Thanks for doing such a great job on it...

    ReplyDelete