Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yo Happy B-Day!

This cake was for a little man named Henry who just turned 2. He is a big fan of Yo Gabba Gabba, so I wanted to make a fun cake that highlighted the characters. As an added surprise, I dyed the batter neon colors, which created a cool tie dyed effect. It was a hit with the kids and parents alike. One of the employees at the venue where the party took place said, "I cut two birthday cakes every week at this job and this is the coolest cake I've ever cut into." Sweet!

3-layer 10'' white cake with multicolor dye, vanilla buttercream icing, fondant, dowels, DJ Lance Rock vinyl figure by Kidrobot.






3 comments:

  1. This cake was such a HUGE hit with kids and parents alike! People are still talking about it! Thank you so much for making it! You are now my go-to cake-a-teer!
    -Henry's dad-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I quoted you exactly in my comment. That was unintentional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The characters look amazing! And the inside looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete