Sunday, October 10, 2010

Winnie the Pooh


"People who don't Think probably don't have Brains; rather, they have grey fluff that's blown in there by mistake" ~Winnie the Pooh


I promise you the fluff put into this cake was not grey, and it wasn't put in by mistake. It was for a surprise baby shower. The baby's room has a Pooh Bear theme, so naturally I wanted to honor the Pooh himself. Wilton makes molded cake pans, but I wanted to try something different and draw him freehand. I made the ears and nose 3 dimensional to give him a little more character. At the last minute I decided to put bees buzzing around the sides, and that ended up being everyone's favorite part. My favorite part was when I finished icing it because piping each of those stars was super tedious. "Oh, bother!"

8'' 2-layer chocolate cake with vanilla pudding filling and vanilla buttercream icing.

2 comments: